This week I realized that I needed to consider all of the parts and components in coordination with the main constraint of the project – the battery and how it powers and connects to each module.
It was necessary for me to make a matrix of design/cost/size/weight/power comparison in order to see which method makes most sense in terms of the design moving forward.
I also determined how the modules and jewelry would perform. First, I will start with the thermistor and thermistor/battery module. Each unit will have its own sensor with an output, that will allow the necklace to have variation along the length. Each sensor and output is autonomous in each module, making the connections between modules less problematic.
I also began working on case configurations to test the proper size for the design which I will compare to the analysis above.